Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Lament of a Weary Life - A Sonnet

 
 
Lament of a Weary Life
 
(A Sonnet)
 
by
 
Dawn Pisturino
 
 
O Dreary Life, you weary me to naught
And waste my youthful years with mundane care;
Time is too short for burdens thus to bear
And lessons to be brought upon and taught;
What damage have you wreaked on us and wrought?
Once newborn are we tricked into your snare
And leave it not 'til Death visits us there:
Unlucky guest you set a trap and caught!
A moment's pleasure; days of tortured pain.
A profit here and tripled losses made;
A dollar found, a thousand yet to find!
What knowledge, tell me, have I left to gain?
The price, in my opinion, has been paid.
Release me, sir, and give me peace of mind!
 
April 13, 1986
 
Bio:  Dawn Pisturino is a licensed registered nurse in Arizona whose publishing credits include poems, limericks, articles, and short stories.



No comments:

Post a Comment